Hello there! It’s me Salahudin101 here with Ingress Prime News. Oh… wait a minute, All Agents it’s me Agent FolcanWraith from the Resistance faction. Ingress is turning 10 on November 2022. To commemorate this special moment, Ingress team and all the ingress Community factions have released Ingress Schedule Q1 of 2022.
In 2022, they will focus on:
- Adding camera-based AR to Ingress. Ingress is an Augmented Reality (AR) game, but until adding Lightship Real-Time Meshing, the kinds of ways they approached augmenting reality were through layering game and story on top of the real world. They’re now working to bring camera-based AR into Ingress in ways that build on top of all the Community Portal Scans that Agents have done to make Ingress more fun.
- Growing the global community through events and keeping more new recruits in the game. They will continue to offer Global Challenges, distribute live events using the Battle Beacon and other game mechanics, and Cross-Faction events like First Saturday and Second Sunday. Looks like they are also going to work on improving the New Agent Training to help new Agents better get up to speed and continue with the game.
- Continuing to work towards financial sustainability. The C.O.R.E. subscription has greatly helped introduce a new way to support Ingress. Optional cosmetic Medals offer a way to personalize the Agent Profile and doesn’t give an unfair advantage over others. Additionally, there’s a series of work planned to make infrastructure more cost effective. They are committed to continue Ingress to Year 10 and beyond to that end, in Q1, they are working on:
- Adventure Sync: Weekly Summaries
- Second Sunday
- Portal Scan Meter
- Updates to Support Live Ops/Events
- Support and Community Updates
Adventure Sync: Weekly Summaries
They’ll double down on the Adventure Sync feature in Ingress starting with a weekly summary of your activity, then adding rewards for levels of activity achieved during the week. Hopefully weekly Adventure Sync summaries will give more Agents another reason to check back in with Ingress more frequently – similar to what we saw with the Hackstreak feature.
A new tiered medal will be available starting in February for Second Sunday challenges. The official announcement, including medal reveal, will be made early in February. This will continue to encourage Agents to get out and experiment with new features and functionality while earning towards a new medal.
Portal Scan Meter
They are working to add a Portal Scan Meter that sets a community goal with a community reward for Portal Scanning. After Agents work together to upload a set number of Portal Scans on a Portal, there will be a community reward available to all Agents in the area. The goal is to foster positive collaboration in local communities while helping to build a 3D map of the Portal Network.
Updates to Support Live Events
In their work to return to live events, they’re building robust tools to support and scale these events. This will help make more events available to Agents across the globe.
They are also working to update guidelines for Mission Days and hope to see those return in Q2 while considering real world circumstances. And, as previously announced, support for the Q1 live events.
Support and Community Updates
Ingress is reviewing their resources to identify areas where they can make improvements to better resolve issues and, hopefully, do so quicker. This includes an audit of the Help Center as well and updating the support bot with new categories to help ask the right questions, collect the right information, and get things routed to the right people.
The ingress team has been working with the Vanilla Forums to dig into the issues affecting features like upvoting threads and closing, merging threads in some areas. Once that is resolved, they will be making updates to the Ingress Community guidelines and forum structure, including archiving some of the lesser-known categories, sub-communities.
Furthermore, they are also looking at ways to use Ingress to support Niantic Social and help new and veteran agents connect with each other in a more meaningful way than currently provided.
We hope this gives you some insight into ingress’s plans for Q1 and Y10, and we look forward to their quarterly update!